Wednesday 5 February 2014

Renegade Lady By Dawn Martens & Emily Minton


A full 5 out of 5 stars from me!



Renegade Lady


By Dawn Martens &
Emily Minton



WARNING:


Renegade Lady contains adult situations some readers may find offensive. This is a raw and gritty story involving under-age rape, explicit sex, graphic language, violence and drug use. Not intended for readers under 18.

Prologue

Jenna



I stare at the ceiling while Timmons pounds into me. I bite down hard on my lip, so hard I can taste blood.  He slams in one more time and grunts loudly into my ear before rolling onto his side.  He lays there for a moment, breathing loudly, then climbs from the bed. 
I can hear him getting dressed, but I never take my eyes off the ceiling.  I just lay there and count.  I usually make it to around thirty before he leaves the room. One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi…. He’s pulling on his jeans. Thirteen Mississippi, fourteen Mississippi…  I hear the swish of his shirt.  Twenty Mississippi, twenty-one Mississippi, twenty-two… There’s the shuffle of his boots.  Twenty-eight Mississippi…  Finally, the door opens and he walks out. 
As soon as I hear the click of the lock, I roll off the bed and run to the trashcan.  I barely make it there before the bile comes spewing out.  When I’m done, I crawl back to the bed and pull myself onto it.  Once there, I curl up into a ball and pray that God will send someone to save me today.  I’m still praying when sleep takes over my body.
 “Get the fuck up!” Timmons shouts, waking me from my nightmare filled sleep.  He reaches down and grabs me, pulling me from the bed by my hair.  I land hard on the floor, causing pain to ricochet through my already aching body.  I slowly push myself up onto my knees and do my best to look at him through my swollen eyes. 
“Get the fuck off the floor and follow me,” he says after giving me a swift kick to the ribs. 
I rush to get up, doing my best to ignore the pain.  I walk behind him, every step causing a stabbing sensation to shoot up my side.  He finally stops when we reach the middle of the common room.  He takes a seat next to my dad and pulls me into his lap.  “Jenna, your Dad has something he needs to talk to you about.”
I don’t respond, just simply nod my head.  I learned during my first night with Timmons that things go better if I just keep my mouth shut.  Being quiet doesn’t keep him from hurting me, but this way I can’t say something to make him mad.  When he’s mad, his beatings turn brutal.
Dad leans towards us, putting his hands flat against the table.  “Timmons and I have been talking.  He seems to think it’s time someone took hold of your reins.  After that shit you pulled coming in here after your mom died, I’ve decided he’s right.”
I close my eyes, hoping he doesn’t see the anger flashing through them.  Scene?  What scene?  All I did was come to the club house to tell him that Mom was dead.  Yes, I was crying and screaming, but who wouldn’t be after they just found their mother OD’d on the kitchen floor?
“Do you understand what I’m saying to you, girl?”
I look back to my father and shake my head.  I don’t understand.  I don’t understand anything that has happened to me over the last few weeks.  How a father could allow his own daughter to be raped and beaten by a monster like Timmons, I will never understand. 
“What I’m telling you is that Timmons is claiming you.  You’re his old lady now.  There’s nothing you can do to change it.  Best start listening to him if you don’t want to be hurt,” he states matter of fact.
Hurt?  Can he not see the bruises covering my body?  What about the dried blood that stains the disgusting nighty Timmons makes me wear?  “But I’m only sixteen,” I whisper out, even though I know I should keep my mouth shut.
Timmons’ arms tighten around my waist, causing a sharp pain to course through my ribs.  “It doesn’t matter how fucking old you are.  You’re mine, and pleasing me is the only damn thing you need to be worrying about anymore. Understand?”
I have to swallow a gasp of agony, but force myself to answer.  “Yes, sir.”
Dad looks from me to Timmons.  “I can’t tell you how to treat her.  She’s your old lady now, so it’s your choice.  But if you don’t lay off taking your fists to her, she won’t make it more than a week or two.”
Timmons body tightens next to mine.  “Like you said, she’s my old lady.  I’ll do whatever  the fuck I want to her,” he says in a near shout.
Dad raises his hands, palms up, in an attempt to calm down Timmons’ anger.  “You’re right.  She’s none of my business anymore. I won’t say shit about it from now on.”
Timmons leans towards Dad, causing my head to nearly hit the table.  “You better not.  ‘Cause if you keep getting in my business; I’ll get in yours.  I’m sure you don’t want the boys from Big Clifty knowing your secrets.  Be a real shame if they found out you’ve been using their cocaine to feed that nasty little habit you got.  You know what I’m talking about, right?  The coke that should have been in Cali by now.”
Dad’s face turns red, and I can tell he wants to come across the table and lay Timmons out.  Instead, he sits back and scowls.  “You got what you wanted.  Take her and get the hell away from me.”
Timmons chuckles as he stands us up.  I look back towards Dad while Timmons pulls me across the room.  He’s staring at me with a look of regret on his face, but he keeps his mouth shut. I guess his secrets are more important than his daughter.  Before Timmons pulls me into the hallway, he shouts across the room, “Come on Rig!  Let’s go have some fun with my old lady.”




My Review



A fantastic read loved this book, but then again all the books by these authors are good. I really do recommend you get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment