Wednesday 31 December 2014

Review: Deviant (Deviant #1) by Jaimie Roberts @jaimieroberts77

Deviant (Deviant #1)


Most fairy tales end with a happily ever after.

This is not a fairy tale. He is not her Prince Charming about to whisk her away into the sunset. This is a story about betrayal, lust, desire and, ultimately, revenge...

And revenge can only lead to one thing.

Tyler

He was my stranger, my visitor, my shadow in the corner of my room. He stalked me, watched me, knew everything about me. But all I could do was sit and wait. I waited for him to visit me night after night. He was becoming my addiction, my craving, my obsession. He knew every inch of me, but I knew nothing about him.

His calls himself Lotus and, as crazy as it sounds, I think I’m falling in love.

Dean

I wanted to take her, possess her, dominate her, and ruin her. I wanted to ravish her, please her, and consume her until I couldn’t take much more of her.

She will want me to kiss her. She will want me to hold her all night so that she feels a connection with me. I would make it so that she would seek me out in the dark. The one that satisfies her ultimate fantasy. A stranger who sneaks into her room. Someone who gives her the ultimate pleasure, but also seeks to give her ultimate pain. Pain she has never had to endure. Pain that will eat away at her until there is nothing left.

She was my nemesis, I was her lotus. And payback was a bitch.
 



Review by Emma Mistress of all Dark & Twisted

Deviant by Jaimie Roberts is not a sweet fairy tale, it's not a love story, nor is it a romantic novel. It's a dark, sinister and an insidious tale of heartbreak and revenge. Every page, every sentence draws you in, makes you want to know more about these people who are driven to extreme measures. The twists and turns,while unexpected, are so well thought out and planned that you can't put this book down.


Tyler is a 30 year old journalist, who really has never got over the boy she fell in love with at 6 years old. Dean was her one and only, but he disappeared when she was 16. Never to be seen again. But now, Tyler is being stalked. Scary, horrible and eerie? Not for some reason to Tyler. She is not scared, in fact she almost enjoys it. She's intrigued and curious about her stranger, but what path will he lead her down and will she be prepared for what she discovers down there?

Dean is powerful, strong and wealthy men. But moreover he's pissed off. He loved Tyler but she betrayed him. Now, he will make her pay: simple, logical and reasonable to him. He is finally ready to begin his revenge, but can it do without risking his well thought out plan!! As with many events not all is always as it appears and if "you seek havoc, but all you'll end up with is despair."

This is a definite must read for anyone who likes stories of revenge, lust and plenty of twist and unexpected turns.
 

Author
Jaimie Roberts is originally from a place called Fulham, in London, but moved to Gibraltar back in 2001. She is married with two young sons.


Life, as always made it a little difficult at times. It wasn’t until the economic downturn affected her work . That is when she started her writing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment